I’ve been BEGGING Jeremiah for 5 years to get a puppy. We always had our reasons not to, one of them being the fact that I love traveling SO much and paying for someone to watching/keep our dog would just be an added expense to the trip.
Well, the time has come, and not in the way that I had expected it to. Which of course, is kinda the way everything happens in our lives… always unpredictable, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Come tomorrow morning, we will be fostering a mini Australian Shepard in our home.
Without getting too far into personal details, we have a friend who is in need of some help for their pup, and knowing and seeing the pup’s current situation I asked Jeremiah to approach them about whether or not they would be willing to let us keep it for a while to train and raise it right.
I was so excited to learn that they willingly accepted my offer and we will have the pup in our house tomorrow morning! I grew up with cats my entire life, so I’m sure this will be some wild adventure.
I’ve read as many guidebooks as I can in the past 24 hours, looked to Pinterest and friends for advice, and of course, picked up some goodies to properly take care of this “baby” for a while.
- Chew Toys – Bones and Plush
- Training Treats – 2 Bags of Small Treats to Train with
- Leash and Collar/Harness
- More Toys
- Pet Shampoo, Oatmeal Milk – this is the exact one that I purchased and it smells SO good
- Pet Bowls – Rae Dunn bowls of course!
- Dog Brush
- Doggie Bags
- Dog Bed – Hoping he’ll like the one I got, I hear that many dogs are super picky about their beds
- Pet Wipes – Quick wipes to keep him clean between baths
- “Accident” Carpet Cleaner
- Dog Food
- Puppy Pen – Trying to find one to borrow from a neighbor, or getting an inexpensive one from TJMAXX/FB Garage Sale Site
If you have any tips or tricks for me, or supplies I missed, I’m more than willing to listen! Leave a comment below with what helped your puppy and any secrets I may have missed!